Disaster Recovery/Premium Backup Solutions at
Micro-Data Systems Remote Data Backup is a powerful and easy-to-use solution designed to provide data protection to all businesses. Remember, disaster recovery and business continuance are nothing more than risk avoidance. MDS helps customers understand more clearly and can demonstrate how much risk they are taking.
Business Continuity Planning/Disaster Recovery
Whether it’s a storm knocking out power, a virus shutting down your computers, or perhaps just an accident that knocked out your power, your business can be disrupted by any number of threats.
A strong disaster recovery plan can make the difference between a brief downtime in your operations and a costly blow to your company. Small- to medium-sized businesses (SMBs) often have less manpower and less technical expertise than larger enterprises, which often makes executing a DR strategy more difficult.
For many businesses, the weakest part of their disaster recovery plan is a lack of serious attention. Overcoming the human tendency to view a disaster as unlikely is critical to minimizing the damage if and when one occurs.
Our potential clients need to consider a number of elements that go into a good disaster recovery strategy.
Here are some Key Pieces:
Secure Data Storage
If your network fails, the information it contains can be corrupted or lost. Keeping offsite backups for your data will allow you to keep your company’s virtual presence running smoothly while you relocate to a new physical space.
Depending on how much data your business handles, even backing up your data on a daily basis might not be often enough for your critical data.
Service interruptions can take many forms, and it’s important to know how exactly what the problem is in order to coordinate a response.
Having a secondary site you know is available will let you sleep at night, it can help to keep your business running if your main office is damaged too badly to return to right away.
It is important to having a set of secondary resources, such as the phone network goes down, or power goes out, your firm needs to have the redundancy in place from day one.
Preparation and Testing
Each of your employees must be familiar with the recovery plan, and what they need to do in the event of a disaster.
There a number of advantages to using Micro-Data Systems Cloud Disaster Recovery service:
- We offer a subscription-based pricing model.
- Our solution is fast and easy to deploy.
- It is easy and cheap to test your disaster recovery plan when using the MDS Cloud. Traditional disaster recovery plan providers recognize this [the need for DR testing] but have to schedule rehearsals, reserve equipment, and often be on call for you during the rehearsal. All this prep costs money and is typically above and beyond the DR services contract.
- MDS managed services can also provide the kind of consistent attention that business continuity and disaster recovery require in terms of regular updates, maintenance, monitoring and extensions to support ever-evolving business environments.
Premium Backup Solutions
MDS offers a leading business-class online data backup and recovery service that safeguards critical business data at a secure offsite location. Using the highest levels of compression and encryption available, MDS enables businesses to automatically protect digital information and restore it at any time from any location. By choosing MDS, you will benefit from the best automated backup technology available, military-grade security, 24/7 access to your data and world-class customer support. Whether you are a home-based business or an enterprise corporation, our Premium Backup provides the same ease-of-use and efficiency at an affordable cost.
How Does It Work?
- Our agentless software is installed onto one computer or server.
- You establish the automated backup schedule.
- The data is compressed and encrypted.
- The data is transferred offsite to a secure data center. A report is generated.
- The data is backed up again, providing a second offsite copy.
- The data is stored on hard drive disk arrays for rapid online recovery.
- The data can be restored at any time from any computer.
Our competitive pricing is based on the amount of data you want backed up. We can offer monthly, yearly, and multi- year agreements.