The Benefits of Using a Managed Service Provider (MSP)
First things first: what is an MSP (Managed Service Provider), and what do Managed Services entail? To keep it short and sweet: utilization of a Managed Service Provider involves outsourcing responsibilities and functions in an effort to improve operations, meet business goals, and cut expenses.
Clients and their MSPs are bound by a contractual, service-level agreement (SLA) that states the performance and quality metrics of their relationship.
What are the benefits to this? Well, there are many. For starters:
- SLAs ensure issues are addressed and resolved in a timely manner. The dedicated engineers and account managers partner together to ensure your satisfaction.
- Businesses become privy to daily oversight and extensive knowledge of their systems at all times. A good MSP will perform a full review each and every day.
- Many times, there will be a solution to your problem… even before the problem has arisen! When you’re using an MSP you leverage their experience and knowledge base to enhance your environment.
- The nitty-gritty details and the daily operations are taken care of for you.
- You receive a fully tailored solution. A good Managed Service Provider will customize your level and type of support based on your organizational needs, goals, existing team, and a multitude of other aspects. They will know the right questions to ask and where to look in order to determine the level of service you require.
- The MSP will function as an extension of your existing team; whether that entails filling gaps and picking up where IT leaves off, or serving as a complete and comprehensive solution. Whatever it is, it should be completely unique to your company’s needs.
What Sets MDS Apart From Other MSPs?
- Our philosophy: Our goal is to do whatever it takes to ensure that our clients “keep up” in a world where technology is changing faster than ever.
The goal of IT is to support the business, not drive it. We believe that, rather than pumping an exorbitant amount of money into keeping up with the high-paced evolution of IT, companies should lower their CAPEX and invest in the more agile operational IT. Your IT spend should align with the needs of your business. You don’t have to be an IT company to have state of the art technology and processes supporting your business. We can handle that for you!
- In order to succeed, companies need a partner they can trust. Your provider needs to know your business and your people. They need to be a part of your everyday operations. The same processes required by your organization must be followed and enforced by your provider. Understanding your business at a comprehensive level allows us to propose new ideas to further make technology support your long term strategic goals. These are areas we are highly skilled in and deeply care about.
- We set consistent standards and business processes across your enterprise and eco-system. In many industries there are common sets of security and compliance activities that need to be followed. Due diligence and a standardized approach help to ensure these measures are met. We understand that in order for you to be truly successful across a variety of platforms, this must be accomplished.
- Other ways we set ourselves apart from the competition:
- We have dedicated and shared space in top tier enterprise class data centers.
- We employ enterprise class infrastructure at every level of the solution stack.
- We leverage software and solutions to manage the OS and all related back office tools.
- We utilize strategic tools to continuously monitor and optimize your company’s workflow and performance.
- We employ ITIL standard based operations to make it all work in your hardware, our hardware, or in the cloud.
- Your existing partners, processes, and assets are leveraged and incorporated as much as possible.
- We manage the security and recovery processes to keep your systems all running and safe.
MDS will conduct a free introductory assessment and create a long term strategy, tailor fit to your company, and focused on ROI. If you are ready to start your journey, connect with an MDS expert today!